Sunday, July 18, 2010

Arrivederci, Firenze


I'm sitting here in my hostel making one last post before I pack up all my things to leave Florence. All in all, it's been a wonderful week, and I'll always remember some of the highlights: my first time seeing David, the view from the Piazzale Michelangelo, the dinners with wonderful people at the Hostel de 7 Santi, the gelato, my relaxing side trip to Siena. I'm not necessarily sorry to leave, though - I know I have much more ahead of me, and the next three weeks in Rome will include some astonishing sights. Also, nine days from today, I'll be welcoming Charlie at the Leonardo da Vinci Airport! I have much, much more to see and do on this journey.

Also, I'm looking forward to reading some of the continued adventures of Becky Sharp on the long train ride into Rome.

Next time I post, it will be from my hostel in Rome. Ciao for now!

1 comment:

  1. When you travel with Becky you are never bored. I'm looking forward to the Rome posts. Hope you enjoyed the the countryside on your way there.

    ReplyDelete